Esteemed, experimental and flamboyant winemaker Randall Grahm of Bonny Doon Vineyard in Santa Cruz, Cal., will visit us at 6:30 p.m., on Fri., Jan. 24 for a winemaker dinner as part of the Sarasota-Manatee Originals' annual Forks & Corks food and wine festival.
The meal will feature five courses each paired with one of Bonny Doon Vineyard's wines and the opportunity to meet Randall Grahm in person. Grahm is one of California's most visible winemakers due to his marketing stunts, hand-drawn wine bottle labels by famous artists and his eclectic and experimental viticulture.
The full dinner menu will be released shortly.
Bonny Doon Vineyard wines served will include:
- 2011 Querry Cider
- 2012 Albariño (a very crisp, citrusy white)
- 2011 Le Cigare Blanc (Roussanne/Grenache Blanc — a very unusual wine with good acidity but an underlying mineral tone)
- 2012 A Proper Claret (a Bordeaux blend, lighter bodied)
- 2008/09 Cigare Volant (Bonny Doon's flagship wine - Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Syrah)
- 2008 Vol des Anges (a botrytised Roussanne/Grenache Blanc dessert wine)
Seating is extremely limited! Call us now at 366.8111 to reserve your seat, tickets are $100 per person excluding tax and gratuity.